More Resources For CBD Information
CBD (Cannabidiol) is a naturally occurring compound that comes from the hemp plant. It is one of over 85 unique compounds found in the hemp plant. These compounds are known as Cannabinoids. CDB is now offered worldwide to people of all ages and their pets. This non-psychoactive form of cannabis is legal in all 50 states.
Scientists are rapidly discovering more and more about the rather amazing abilities of the cannabinoids found in the Hemp plant. Most of them have shown therapeutic value, as have the terpenes, which give the plant its distinct odors and flavors.
We have looked at a number of studies and each research article below contains links to PubMed articles, scientific journals and other academic research on cannabidiol and various ailments. Some may discuss THC as it is abundant in Cannabis which is the sister to the Hemp plant.
Generally, these may be the best first sites to refer to for CBD information.
The ECHO CONNECTION is a site related to Cannabinoids with an exhaustive library of articles and information on all their therapeutic properties.
Joe Cohen has written a great article on the properties of CBD:
Cannabidiol Antipsychotic Research
Cannabidiol Antipsychotic PubMed Articles
- A critical review of the antipsychotic effects of cannabidiol: 30 years of a translational investigation.
- Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for psychosis.
- Cannabinoids and Schizophrenia: Therapeutic Prospects.
- Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new light for schizophrenia?
- Potential protective effects of cannabidiol on neuroanatomical alterations in cannabis users and psychosis: a critical review.
- The yin and yang of cannabis-induced psychosis: the actions of ?(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol in rodent models of schizophrenia.
Other Cannabidiol Antipsychotic Articles
- Marijuana Compound Treats Schizophrenia with Few Side Effects: Clinical Trial
- Marijuana Compound May Beat Antipsychotics at Treating Schizophrenia
- Study: Cannabidiol Holds Promise For Treating Psychosis
- Antipsychotic-like Effects of Cannabidiol and Rimonabant: Systematic Review of Animal and Human Studies
- Antipsychotic Profile of Cannabidiol and Rimonabant in an Animal Model of Emotional Context Processing in Schizophrenia
Cannabidiol Antipsychotic Youtube Videos
Cannabidiol Epilepsy Research
Cannabidiol Epilepsy PubMed Articles
- Cannabidiol–antiepileptic drug comparisons and interactions in experimentally induced seizures in rats.
- Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients.
- Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy.
- Cannabidiol for neurodegenerative disorders: important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid?
- The role of potassium BK channels in anticonvulsant effect of cannabidiol in pentylenetetrazole and maximal electroshock models of seizure in mice.
- Cannabidiol exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal lobe and partial seizures.
- Cannabidiol displays antiepileptiform and antiseizure properties in vitro and in vivo.
Other Cannabidiol Epilepsy Articles
- FDA Approves Investigational Trials Assessing Cannabidiol For Pediatric Epilepsy
- FDA Approves Cannabis Extract Study in Pediatric Epilepsy
- CBD Approved for Childhood Epilepsy Study
- Cannabidiol for seizure control attracts growing numbers to Colorado
- Cannabidiol (CBD) and Seizure Activity
Cannabidiol Epilepsy Youtube Videos
Cannabidiol Arthritis Research
- Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress.
- The abnormal cannabidiol analogue O-1602 reduces nociception in a rat model of acute arthritis via the putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55.
- Oral anti-inflammatory activity of cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive constituent of cannabis, in acute carrageenan-induced inflammation in the rat paw.
- Therapeutic potential of cannabinoid-based drugs.
- Cannabidiol (CBD): Fighting Inflammation & Aggressive Forms of Cancer
- What Is Arthritis?
- Preliminary assessment of the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) in the treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis
- The use of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) in the treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
- The nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic in murine collagen-induced arthritis
- Cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic
Cannabidiol Diabetes Research
Cannabidiol Diabetes PubMed Articles
- Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice.
- Cannabinoids alter endothelial function in the Zucker rat model of type 2 diabetes.
- The endocannabinoid system and plant-derived cannabinoids in diabetes and diabetic complications.
- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with focus on diabetes.
- Cannabidiol protects retinal neurons by preserving glutamine synthetase activity in diabetes.
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice.
- Neuroprotective and blood-retinal barrier-preserving effects of cannabidiol in experimental diabetes.
Other Cannabidiol Diabetes Articles
- Treating Or Preventing Diabetes With Cannabidiol
- Diabetes, type 2
- Activation of the Peripheral Endocannabinoid System in Human Obesity
- Regulation, Function, and Dysregulation of Endocannabinoids in Models of Adipose and ?-Pancreatic Cells and in Obesity and Hyperglycemia
- Endocannabinoids and the Control of Energy Homeostasis
- Cannabinoid Receptor 1 Blockade Ameliorates Albuminuria in Experimental Diabetic Nephropathy
Cannabidiol Nausea Research
Cannabidiol Nausea PubMed Articles
- Cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic component of cannabis, attenuates vomiting and nausea-like behaviour via indirect agonism of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic autoreceptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus.
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids.
- Suppression of lithium chloride-induced conditioned gaping (a model of nausea-induced behaviour) in rats (using the taste reactivity test) with metoclopramide is enhanced by cannabidiolic acid.
- The prevalence and incidence of medicinal cannabis on prescription in The Netherlands.
- Interaction between non-psychotropic cannabinoids in marijuana: effect of cannabigerol (CBG) on the anti-nausea or anti-emetic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in rats and shrews.
- Preliminary efficacy and safety of an oromucosal standardized cannabis extract in chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system.
- The effects of cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol on motion-induced emesis in Suncus murinus.
Other Cannabidiol Nausea Articles
Cannabidiol Pain Relief Research
Cannabidiol Pain Relief PubMed Articles
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of THC/CBD oromucosal spray in combination with the existing treatment regimen, in the relief of central neuropathic pain in patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain
- An open-label extension study to investigate the long-term safety and tolerability of THC/CBD oromucosal spray and oromucosal THC spray in patients with terminal cancer-related pain refractory to strong opioid analgesics.
- Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain.
- Pain relief with cannabinoids– the importance of endocannabinoids and cannabinoids for pain therapy
Other Cannabidiol Pain Relief Articles
- How Hemp Oil is changing the Chronic Pain Management
- Role of the Cannabinoid System in Pain Control and Therapeutic Implications for the Management of Acute and Chronic Pain Episodes
- Marijuana component could ease pain from chemotherapy drugs, study suggests
- Efficacy of two cannabis based medicinal extracts for relief of central neuropathic pain from brachial plexus avulsion: results of a randomised controlled trial
- WHO Analgesic Ladder
Cannabidiol Pain Relief YouTube Videos